The AGORA (morning sessions) is composed of strategic debates and thematic workshops.
The Strategic Debates (SD) should feed the workshops and the Medina with ideas and suggestions about the Euro-Med context and the ALF Strategy. Each Strategic Debate is an opportunity to raise issues which are at the heart of the ALF and Euro-Med debate, at the top of the regional social and cultural agenda. There will be three parallel sessions during 2 days where the debate will address Trends, Tensions and Transitions of the Euro-Med societies and the relation between Intercultural Dialogue, Diversity, Development and Democracy.
The Thematic Workshops are dedicated to debate and reflect on key issues in the field of Euro-Mediterranean dialogue and to analyse the accomplishments of the Foundation in this domain. These debates should serve as inspiration for the development of future ALF programmes and of the Euro-Med agenda on intercultural dialogue. The main workshops' topics are the result of the meetings organised during the preparatory phase of the Forum and refer to the strategic fields defined in the triennial programme of the Foundation which includes the following:
- Education & Intercultural Learning:
- Educational practices embracing diversity.
- Education through art and for change.
- Promoting pro-active citizenship: intercultural learning in active participation of citizens.
- Culture & Creativity:
- Creativity as a tool for knowledge, dialogue and freedom.
- Artistic practices and cultural spaces as tool for awareness and cultural diversity recognition.
- New platforms and spaces for expression in light of the new social developments.
- Media & Public Opinion:
- Impact of social transitions on mutual perceptions across the Mediterranean.
- Reporting on social and economic crisis.
- New challenges of media freedom and reporting across cultures.
- Urban Spaces & Citizenship/Migration:
- Urban spaces as laboratories for exchange and cross-cultural fertilisation.
- Social cohesion and solidarity challenging sustainable cities.
- Youth in local policies: spaces for participations and cooperation.
- Youth & Women for Social Change:
- Youth and young organisations involvement in the public sphere.
- Addressing the challenge of employment and mobility.
- Investing in the intercultural capability of youth.
- The gender cultural dimension and stereotypes.
- The challenge of equality and socio-economic integration.